Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, Florida is famous for its white sandy beaches, scenic landscapes, cultured cities, diverse wildlife, and exciting amusement parks. With so much to offer, it can sometimes be overwhelming to choose which place to visit in Florida on your next trip. Whether you are an amusement park enthusiast, a wildlife lover, or a beach bum looking for a fix of sun, sea, and sand, Florida has you covered. ( Image Credit: Quick PS/Unsplash)
Here is our all-in-one guide to the most rewarding Florida experiences.
If you love theme parks, Florida is a paradise of endless fun with adventurous roller coaster rides, thrilling water slides, and amazing shows. Here is a list of the most exciting amusement parks in Florida:
- Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom – Magic Kingdom is recommended for all families with young children. The park is known for fun-loving Dumbo flights, the popular Mickey Mouse meet-and-greet location, and marvelous firework displays.
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure – This is the dream world for movie fans. At Islands of Adventure, you can try on iconic robes and flourish your own magical wand as you walk through the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay – Busch Gardens is a great option for the most adventurous and thrill-seeking amusement park enthusiasts. At Busch Gardens, you can try out the 200-foot floorless dive coaster as well as the Iron Gwazi, the tallest hybrid coaster in North America. Not only that, the park also has the Sesame Street Safari of Fun for families and children so that no matter whether you are a big or just a big kid, there is something for everyone.
Surrounded by scenic beaches, lively cultural communities, and vibrant nightlife, the cities in Florida have everything that you can dream of from spring break parties to entertaining shows, here are our picks for top cities to visit in Florida.
- Orlando – Orlando is known internationally for famous theme parks such as Walt Disney World, SeaWorld, and Universal Studios. This city is popular all year round so you can enjoy various recreational activities at shopping centers, spas, restaurants, and other attractions.
- Miami – The city of Miami is considered to be one of the hippest cities in southern Florida. Miami and Miami Beach represent both the old and the new faces of Florida with modern city centers contrasting with the relaxing vibes of Miami Beach.
- Tampa – The city of Tampa offers the perfect mix of natural beauty, art, and culture. Here you can enjoy picturesque views of the Gulf Coast or explore the historical Ybor City District. There are also various Tampa events and festivals throughout the year, so you won’t have to worry about getting bored! If you’re looking for a more laid-back experience, take a stroll along Bayshore Boulevard and watch the sunset over Hillsborough Bay.
Other than pink flamingos and fierce alligators, Florida is home to more than 700 terrestrial animals and an astounding number of aquatic and marine creatures. Because of Florida’s naturally warm climate, there are so many great wildlife opportunities come rain or shine that will delight the whole family. Check out these suggested spots for wildlife watching:
- Everglades National Park – This park is recommended for alligator enthusiasts with 2,500 square mile marshland. You can take airboat tours to see alligators in their natural habitat or cruising through Shark Alley on bikes.
- Three Sisters Springs – Located in Crystal River, this place is ideal for spotting the most rare of aquatic mammals, the manatee. With five natural springs, you can observe manatees from both land and boat or you can schedule a tour or rent a watercraft to swim with these so-called “sea cows”.
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge – This is a good mix for animal lovers to have a full day of watching bobcats, alligators, sea turtles, manatees, bald eagles, migratory birds, and more.
Time to get ready for glorious sunshine with mile after mile of fine sandy beaches from the Panhandle to the Keys. Here are our favorite beaches in Florida.
- Key West – With more than 1,700 islands, the beaches in Key West are made for swimming and snorkeling. You can visit Fort Zachary Taylor State Park, Florida’s southernmost city, for stretches of powder-like sand, turquoise waters, and natural trails. A trip around the island can never be more exciting and relaxing via a Key West Sunset Cruise.
- Clearwater Beach – Clearwater Beach is a perfect fit for people who enjoy rollerblading, bike rides, and ambles. The beach is blessed with clear waters, powdery sand, and a beautiful sun-painted sky. For a classic sunset on the beach, you can join the festive sunset celebrations that take place at Fishing Pier 60.
- South Beach – The South Beach neighborhood of Miami Beach is known for its Art Deco architecture and beautiful people. This famous beach in Florida is one of the busiest with many travelers from all over the world.
Florida is one of the destinations that is at the top of so many people’s bucket lists. From amusement parks, lively cities, and dreamlike beaches to rich wildlife, Florida has something for everyone. Plan your next memorable vacation with our all-in-one guide to Florida.