Have you jotted a note to someday dive in the Sea of Cortes, see a whale up close or to swim with a whale shark? Among the excitement of travel to Mexico, a journey of lifetime accomplishments is often started with a bucket list. These bucket list adventures and more can be accomplished when you visit La Paz.
La Paz, Mexico is the perfect destination to experience and explore amazing adventures, rest and relaxation, or simple leisure activities. Located less than two hours north of Los Cabos, its beautiful white-sand beaches and bright-blue, crystal-clear sea makes for the perfect venture to work on crossing a few activities from your bucket list. The following are some exciting adventures to add to your bucket list.
- See a Gray Whale Up Close– There is still time to go whale watching in La Paz, Mexico. The season ends the end of March. Gray whales are naturally peaceful and friendly and at times get close enough to be able to touch them. Remember to carry your camera to capture the moment.
- Swim with a whale shark– The Whale Shark is one of the most searched for species on the planet, with the opportunity to swim next to these giant fish it’s no wonder our visitors never want to leave. The most impressive part of this experience is how closely you can approach these mammals and watch as their bodies sway into the distance. Be among the fortunate few that get to go home with the memory of swimming with the whale shark.
- Dive in the Sea of Cortez– For anyone who loves diving, La Paz, Mexico offers an abundance of dive sites where you can enjoy a spectacular adventure. Snorkel and dive into shallow waters and enjoy the underwater life. See hammerhead sharks or the beautiful giant manta rays in their natural habitat.
- Swim with sea lions– Espiritu Santo Island is considered one of the best places in the world for diving and snorkeling, for its abundant marine life, especially large marine animals. At the northern tip of the island, there are small islets called “Los Islotes”, which is home to large sea lion colony, one of the few communities of sea lions where friendly interaction with visitors is possible. Espiritu Santo and Cerralvo is an aquarium for professionals and amateurs alike.
- Go Kayaking— Along with exploring the underwater life, you can take a kayak and explore the oceans above the clear blue waters. Visit El Coromuel Beach, just five minutes from the city, or continuing north, find the crystal clear blue waters of Balandra Beach, which is made up of a series of small bays with white sand and shallow waters. With low tides, Balandra Beach is also the perfect Mexico destination for walking across pools of ocean before emerging in to the shallow ends.
La Paz is the perfect destination to focus on your bucket list of adventures. For more information on what La Paz offers, visit www.golapaz.com
For those traveling from San Diego…Now try the CrossBorder Xpress with just a short 2 hour flight directly from Tijuana into LA Paz, Mexico.