Career is an important decision, and people are more enthusiastic about an IT career now. IT is an industry creating millions of opportunities across the globe and people are proud to identify themselves as IT professionals. Moreover, core IT careers are counted as more dignified as well as highly remunerable too. (Image Credit: Pixabay)
However, while thinking of IT, most of the career aspirants are confused about how to reach to it. A graduate or postgraduate degree is essential to look for an IT job, but more important nowadays, recruiters are looking for skills and certifications while recruiting IT resources. So, when you are planning to explore IT job opportunities, it is advisable to undergo training and prepare for some globally valid certifications to add value to your profile.
Deciding on technical certifications
When you are planning to go for certification, the key question is what to do and where to start? There are different levels of IT certifications to consider when it comes to specifying one’s IT technology skills.
- Fundamental Level: Fundamental level certifications are gained over basic skills and knowledge, which is ideal for the fresher-level students with no or limited experience.
- Professional level: Taken by entry to established-level IT professionals to gain additional skills and expand the breadth of their professional profile.
- Specialty certification: Focusing on a core/advanced technology, these training, and certification programs are meant for gaining expertise over any specialty field.
- Mastery certification: It is for highly experienced professionals to gain mastery over high-level technologies.
Various types of certifications
There are some certifications which are ideal for all levels in your career. Say, for example, and it will be ideal for the graduate level IT aspirants or fresher to pursue the types of certifications available like:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP),
- CompTIA A+
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer)
- Certified Internet Webmaster Associate
- Sun Certified Java Programmer etc.
These primary certifications can validate their basic skill-set and help a fresher to make up the deficiency of not having an experience for an IT job. When it comes to recruitment behavior in IT, certified professionals always have the edge over the non-certified ones. Certifications don’t only validate your technical knowledge, but also is proof of your commitment towards an IT career by spending a significant amount of time and money for training and getting certified. For the consultants who are self-employed, IT certifications are must to have an appealing profile.
Professional and personal development certificates
IT is a highly dynamic sector where technologies are rising and falling on a daily basis. In such a scenario, IT certifications are essential to showcase your updated skills. Along with reinforcing your default skills, professional certifications will also help you to cover up the future technologies too.
Above all, going for IT certifications and credentials will also help you network with similar-minded others. This could probably win you the next job or get a valid endorsement or your skill set, etc. More importantly, you can also function be a part of a technology community of forum by going for certification to get instant solutions or suggestions for your technology doubts.