Spring’s almost over which means it’s time to get ready for summer. Summer means barbeques, pool parties, and picnics galore. And don’t forget the best of all—the Fourth of July! Show off your beautiful home and lavish lifestyle this Independence Day by throwing the best party of the summer. This annual holiday is all about celebrating our country’s heritage, our democracy, and the freedoms we’re so lucky to have. If you want to make a lasting impression on your guests, consider these ideas for hosting a party no one will forget! (Image Credit: Shutterstock)
Don your patriotic fever by supplying partygoers with party favors that will remind them how blessed they are to live in the land of the free and home of the brave. While we love to celebrate our nation’s birthday, it’s also important to remind people of the freedom we sometimes take for granted and the heroes who fight to keep us safe. As your guests arrive, hand out small American flags they can wave around with pride all day and night. Here is a list of additional goodies you should throw in your gift bags:
- A small bottle of champagne to get the party started
- 4th of July shirts to get them in the holiday spirit
- Sparklers to celebrate with as the sun goes down
When it comes to throwing a memorable bash, you need food that will explode with flavor. One of the best party tips for any occasion is supplying endless hors d’oeuvres and a main course that won’t disappoint. To really impress your guests, hire a chef to prepare your party celebration meals or a catering company that will cook up a variety of meals to please every guest. For an idea for 4th of July food, take a look below:
- Caviar to amaze everyone’s taste buds
- Ice cream or frozen treats to cool down partiers as the heat rises
- Fruit basket or bowl for a tasty, healthy snack
- Barbequed chicken, hotdogs, and hamburgers as a summertime classic
Is a party really a party if drinks aren’t provided? Get ready to pop that bottle of bubbly and crack open some cold ones as you watch the fireworks blast off. And don’t leave your guests stranded, either. Make sure there’s plenty of water, iced tea, and lemonade to quench their thirst as the summer sun beats down on them! Make sure your coolers and fridge are filled with these Independence Day drink essentials:
- Wine— both red and white (sorry, no blue!)
- Plenty of beer— IPA’s, ciders, domestic, and foreign
- Hard Kombucha— this new trend will wow your guests!
- Mixed drinks— Manhattan’s, martinis, or vodka sodas, make sure you have enough alcohol for every drink imaginable
To ensure your guests have a memorable experience, you need to entertain them. Turn your 4th of July party into a themed party to see who has the best party style. Or, set up a large projector screen and show a movie or preview a slideshow of memorable photos! Take a look at these entertainment ideas that will keep everyone preoccupied as the day turns to night:
- Classic Games— Games such as cornhole, horseshoes, Kan Jam, and Spike Ball are surefire summer favorites
- Special Guests – You could also look into talent booking to get a celebrity or special guest to attend the party to cause a bit of a stir!
- Photo booth— From cheesy pictures to romantic photos, your guests will have a memorable keepsake to remember this party forever
- Pool Party— Make sure your guests come prepared with their best poolside fashion to make a splash. Get fun blowup rafts and beach balls, a water slide, or a basketball hoop to keep everyone entertained!
- Fireworks— a Fourth of July party isn’t a party without fireworks! Hire a company to come set up and shoot off your fireworks to ensure everyone is safe. Or, buy legal fireworks in accordance with your local laws and set them off yourself for the ultimate celebration!
The Bottom Line
The key to a memorable Independence Day Party is being prepared and making sure there are activities that everyone will enjoy. No one wants to be hangry either, so supply a wide variety of appetizers, cheese platters, alcoholic beverages, and hearty meals. Top it off with fun games and amenities and your attendees will surely RSVP for next year’s Fourth of July Party!