Many alcoholics have a difficult time in maintaining their sobriety, whether or not they are a celebrity or not. It can be challenging to deal with the temptation of not drinking alcohol especially when social pressures to drink are everywhere. The good news is that you can overcome and be victorious in your battle with alcohol.
As a result, here are 6 ways on how to maintain your sobriety and remain alcohol free.
- Learn how to stay sober:Your best bet is to learn the techniques that will help you to remain sober. It is important to be aware of what you should and should not do when trying to maintain your sobriety. Talk to other addicts to see what they do to help stay sober.
- Take part in a support group:Join a local support group to meet other people who are in your situation. Get to know the other members of the group and try to learn new ways in dealing with your mental health issues.
- Work with a professional:Find a person that you can work with who will help you to stay sober. You can find someone at your local treatment facility or support group. You can also talk to an addiction counselor or other health professional to see if they know of anyone.
- Learn to take it one day at a time:Instead of worrying about how you will get through the rest of the week, try to focus on today. Focus on the present when trying to maintain your sobriety.
- Don’t give in to peer pressure:Do not let your friends and loved ones pressure you into drinking alcohol. Politely say that you do want to drink and stay firm in making your decision. Don’t let others pressure you into drinking alcohol.
- Use the help of God:Make it a habit to talk or pray to God on a regular basis. Focus on God to help you get through the challenging times that you may experience when staying sober. Only God has the power to empower you to overcome your demons of addiction. Trust in Him with all your heart.
About The Author: Stan Popovich is the author of “A Layman’s Guide to Managing Fear Using Psychology, Christianity and Non Resistant Methods”. Stan’s managing fear book has become very popular with over 300 positive book reviews and counting. Please read the many book reviews of Stan’s popular book by going to Stan’s website at http://www.managingfear.com/