The question is not if you should market your business on social media, but rather how you do this and if you achieve your social media marketing goals. Consumers are sharing and discussing content more than ever, which is a pretty good reason why you need to market yourself on social media despite having a tight budget. (Image Credit: Photo Mix/Pixabay)
With the absolute need for an online presence, the question arises – are you able to market your business on social media with a tight budget? Absolutely!
Before you begin your social media marketing campaign its vital that you complete a social media course to fully understand the right angle each social media platform should be approached from.
Benefits of marketing yourself on social media
The thorny issue of everyone wanting to market themselves on social media is ‘budget’ or lack thereof. However, there are brilliant ways you can successfully market yourself on these platforms and just a many benefits from doing so.
One of most important things to remember is that if your marketing on social media is not monitored adequately and not kept in check can quite easily prove costly. A great tip is to constantly monitor your spend and learn other great ways to market yourself for free.
Why market yourself on social media?
Social media has completely changed the way we communicate nowadays and it’s vital that we are well versed in all aspects of social media marketing. This includes reputation management. When posting and advertising on social media it can quite easily go wrong as marketing here is aggressive.
However, if you stick to the basic rules of advertising on social media platforms then you won’t break the bank, but you will give your brand a brilliant boost – if done correctly.
Here are just few benefits to marketing your business on the social media networks:
- Share your experience
- Relationship building
- Boost your brand
- Increased visibility
Remember to always add that personal touch
When it comes to marketing yourself on social media it’s vital to also have a relatable website that shows off your brand and is aligned to your look and feel on social media. Posting on social media channels is a great tool to personalise and express your brand’s unique personality.
One of the most important points to keep in mind when marketing yourself on social media is to keep your posts fresh, relevant and entertaining. Also make sure you plan ahead as there is a fine line between posting too often and not posting enough.
There are so many different social media marketing tools that it can seem pretty overwhelming when first starting out.
Below are brief descriptions of the major social media platforms
- Facebook – This has to be one of the most popular social media networks without a doubt, therefore Facebook is a great platform to market yourself on and grow your followers too. Facebook also offers really powerful targeting features which improves return on investment for your paid advertising campaigns.
- Instagram – Instagram has already achieved an impressive one billion monthly users. So, it goes without saying that this is one of the fastest growing social media platforms and continues to grow without any signs of slowing down. Being an image based platform, you must ensure that your Instagram advertising has eye-catching, high resolution images as well as well thought out video content.
- Twitter – This is a microblogging social network and is considered smaller than Instagram and Facebook. However, this social media platform is still an important contender when it comes to marketing yourself on social media with a tight budget.
- LinkedIn – This platform offers professional and business possibilities to connect.LinkedIn has fast become the top professional and B2B social media platform with staggering amount of 250 million active users. LinkedIn is a brilliant business and professional based social media platform, which is solely based on career advancement and networking.
- Pinterest – If what your offering fits into the niche bracket then Pinterest is great to include as part of your social media marketing budget. A very important note to keep in mind when planning your marketing strategy with Pinterest is that its user base is over 80% female.