Good writing is imperative for a good student, as writing skills are viewed to be at the very heart of a student’s academic life.
Writing can be an intimidating task for many students. But not to worry, it can be achieved and improved.
With hard work, determination, and patience, you can make your dreams come true to acquire effective writing skills just like the gifted writers.
A recent survey identified, out of few important skills, writing skills to be the most lacking and poorly developed one.
Writing task comprises of many components and are interrelated with other skills such as:
- Writing skills – grammar, sentence structure, spelling, vocabulary, etc.
When a student falls behind in these areas, writing will be affected. Clearly, all the skills are in need to be honed with practice and hard work.
The Three Pillars of Writing
If a student is also weak in reading comprehension, it makes things more complicated for the students to grasp the point of the argument and hence cannot address it in their writing accordingly.
Besides the grammatical errors, logical analysis or reasoning is also the weakest area of many students.
A good essay is constructed on good reasoning, i.e. every sentence and each paragraph is logically connected as a building block towards a well-reasoned argument.
Role of Teachers and Outside Help
The teachers and faculty members should view helping students improve their writing skills as their most important responsibility. Give them the awareness of the value that writing skill carries as an essential tool that helps to clarify ideas.
Students can also get help from writing experts, who can help them in improving their writing skills.
Websites like https://www.paperhelp.org/ are filled with writing experts that students can go to.
The writing experts which you can get access easily online that will help you in producing high-quality incredible paper but will guide you to:
- Develop your logical reasoning analytical thinking
- Teaches you writing techniques and tips
- Improve your work ethics
- Sharpens your research skills
- Helps you become a professional
- Helps you make the most of your time
Besides all the help you can get from your teachers or the writing experts, they can also be your writing partners-to cast an eye over your work, to give you feedback when much needed.
Feedback can be the breakfast of champions!
With the desire in your heart and required discipline, you can start right away. Just follow the advice of the writing experts, they ask you to:
- Need to know the basic understanding of the writing process
- Write on regular basis
- Be a keen reader
- Get help from writing experts or teachers
- Join writing clubs or writing workshops
- Analyze writings that appeals you
- Follow the writing style of your favourite writers
- Do your research properly
- Always make a plan or notes before you start
- Be your own critic
- Rewrite your drafts to achieve the best piece
- Get some feedback from experts
- Get rid of words that seem unnecessary
- Write what you think
- Don’t delay your writing