Teeth are regarded as the second most essential attraction feature after personality. If you are unhappy with your smile, it can negatively impact your confidence. Fortunately, porcelain veneers in Houston can help to improve your smile by closing gaps, moving gum lines and re-aligning your teeth. Plus, they are strong, durable, and can last for over 20 years.
What is a Veneer?
Dental Veneers are custom made thin layers of porcelain that fit over teeth and improve their shape, colour and overall appearance. As mentioned above, they can be used for various reasons such as to shape teeth, fix chipped or broken teeth, fix gaps between teeth and teeth whitening. If you’re thinking about getting them for yourself, check out this dentist chattanooga tn for top notch services.
Types of Veneers
Porcelain: These are the most popular and permanent solution to unpleasant smiles. They are specially designed to fit and adjust to each tooth. Although they are expensive, with the right care and maintenance, they can last for over 20 years.
Composite: They are also known as bonded veneers and are less destructive and affordable way to enhance your smile. They are ideal to fix small gaps and chips in teeth but are less durable as compared to porcelain veneers.
What are the benefits of Dental Veneers?
- Dental veneers will protect your teeth from further staining and damage.
- No additional maintenance required.
- Smoking cigarettes, coffee or eating pigmented foods can turn your teeth into an unattractive shade of brown or yellow. Dental veneers are the easiest and safest way to whiten your teeth. Plus, you can select any shade you want.
- Dental Veneers can last for around 20 years.
- Damaged enamel can be replaced.
- Dental veneers are an irreversible procedure, therefore ensure you ask your dentist if porcelain veneers are the right option for you.
- Dental veneers are often expensive, but they are safe and effective.
- Some people experience tooth sensitivity, so consider consulting your dentist before opting for dental veneers.
- If you decide on whitening your teeth, make sure your dentist carefully chooses the veneer’s colour as it can’t be changed once set up.
- A risk factor is Veneers can decay your teeth if the correct procedures are not followed carefully – ensure you use an experienced cosmetic dentist.
- After getting veneers, don’t put pressure on your teeth; don’t bite your nails or chew on ice, pencils or any other hard object because doing this can lead to the veneer dislodging and falling off.
- Veneers are the wrong choice for people with unhealthy teeth such as active periodontal disease or decay, weakened teeth (because of large dental fillings, fracture, decay) or a lack of enamel on the tooth surface.
- People who grind their teeth are poor candidates for dental veneers, as bruxism could damage or chip your veneers.
Dental veneers can damage or chip off if not maintained properly. In order to improve their longevity and durability, make sure you have regular dental check-ups, follow consistent good oral hygiene and have a professional dental cleaning at least twice a year. Plus, avoid using your veneers to bite hard objects like ice and nuts.
Get in touch with your Dentist
The first step towards your healthy smile is connecting with a certified and professional dentist in Miranda or wherever you are located. The dentist will examine your teeth and will help you make the right decision.