In Relation to the Los Angeles County Public Health Order to allow additional businesses open with strict social distancing and face-covering protocols, we are happy to announce that Catalina Island is open to all and sundry.
For those who don’t know the Island. Catalina Island is located 22 miles off the coast of Southern California, and the Island is famous for its Mediterranean type of experience.
It is accessible by boat from three ports: San Pedro, Dana Point, and Long Beach through the Catalina Express — the Island’s transportation service.
Furthermore, the Island is graced with an abundance of unique plants and animals that can’t be found in another place on earth. Lots of experience can be made from its wide range of activities such as hummer rides, camping, undersea adventures, zip lines, jeep eco tours, rock climbing, and many more that you would see and experience by yourself.
Also, you don’t have to worry about transportation, lodging, dining, camping, and experiences because there structures that have been put in place for those.
Catalina Express, the Island’s transportation service has been named as one of the world’s most respected ferry fleets. So your safety is guaranteed. Also, the service offers 30 daily departures and due to the reduced capacity because of the social distancing. We advise you to book your reservation early.
The Outdoor dining guideline has allowed the restaurants to open and some have set their tables directly on the beach just to serve you.
You can’t come to Catalina Island and not camp, its wide-open spaces, natural scenery, unique terrain, and pristine beaches will surely draw you to enjoy its magnificence.
Here are the top spots for you to camp:
- Two Harbors: located on the west side of the Island, it offers the traditional tent sites and tent cabins. Also, it isn’t far from the Two Harbors village, you will have access to kayak, scenic trails, paddleboards, and bikes.
- Hermit Gulch in Avalon: Situated on the Avalon Cayon, it offers traditional tent sites and tent camps with views of surrounding hills. However, it is ideal for families and first-time campers.
- Remote Camping sites: The Island has secluded sites that are accessible by moderate or difficult hikes. They are located at Parsons Landing, Little Harbor, and Black Jack.
Top Hotels On the Island.
For lodging in the various hotels on the Island, there’s a current package that is available till the 5th of March 2021. The Best of Winter package includes a round-trip boat transportation on Catalina Express, complimentary continental breakfast, and wine and cheese hour.
However, to make use of this special offer, you have to travel to the Island either on Sunday or Thursday and leave either on Monday or Friday.
Known as Avalon’s coolest inn, it takes inspiration from the sea and gives its guest exquisite treatments that feature the modern boutique hotel ambiance.
The Best of Winter Package includes:
- Two-night overnight accommodations
- Round-trip transportation on Catalina Express
- Tray service breakfast
- Pricing starting at $399 plus tax (double occupancy), representing up to 35 percent in savings
Features rooms of all sizes, kitchenettes, adjoining rooms, it is dog friendly and is ideal for scuba divers cause of the availability of free diver lockers.
The Best of Winter Package includes:
- One- or two-night overnight midweek accommodations
- Two Wrigley Memorial and Botanic Garden tickets
- Round-trip on Catalina Express
- Pricing starting at $190 plus tax per night (double occupancy), representing up to 20 percent savings.
Situated in the heart of Avalon. It is the perfect place for romantic getaways, and just a few steps from the beach. They offer free Wi-Fi and complimentary continental breakfast.
Best of Winter Package includes:
- One night in a Deluxe Room
- Two round-trip tickets on Catalina Express
- Champagne upon arrival
- Starting at $269 plus tax, based on availability and double occupancy
Snug Harbor Inn
This place is a quaint, six-room luxury hotel.
Luxury one-night accommodations
- Round-trip boat transportation on Catalina Express
- Complimentary bottle of champagne upon arrival
- Continental breakfast served to your room
- Evening wine and hors d’oeuvres
The offer is valid Sun -Thurs through March 5, 2021. Rates start at $140.25 per person, plus tax, representing a 25 percent savings.