As part of the Beverly Hills Centennial celebration, the City is very pleased to dedicate the new lily pond in front of the Beverly Hills sign in Beverly Gardens Park. Council members will formally dedicate the pond on Tue., Feb. 4 at 1:45 p.m. on Santa Monica Boulevard at Beverly Drive.
The lily pond has been recreated as the first phase in the Beverly Gardens Park restoration project. Originally installed in 1907, the original lily pond (see photo above) served as an early Beverly Hills landmark and one of the first major features of Beverly Gardens Park. In the mid-1970’s, the lily pond was removed and the site was landscaped and served as additional park land until now.
This project was made possible by the Friends of Beverly Gardens Park who are raising funds to restore the pond and Beverly Gardens Park to much of its historical splendor. Renowned for its beauty and glory, the Beverly Hills Garden Park attracts visitors and tourists from all over the world to bask in the splendor of the Beverly Hills City light. This is a very special dedication and we hope you will all come to see the new lily pond.
Please check back on www.beverlyhills.org/ throughout 2014 as the City continues to celebrate 100 years of success.