Wrinkles, acne, and open pores may lower any person’s confidence level and comfort. However, skin resurfacing procedures, like CO2 laser, can be hard on the budget. That’s why even if many want to undergo such treatments, most people resort to creams and other topical skin products to reduce wrinkles, acne scarring, and fine lines. But it’s a good thing that effective and non-surgical skin rejuvenation methods are now available, like the Venus Viva.
In this post, you’ll learn more about the Venus Viva skin rejuvenation method to help you make an informed decision. (Image Credit: Pixabay)
What Is Venus Viva?
Venus Viva utilizes the Nano Fractional Radio Frequency Technology. It is a safe skin rejuvenation method, selectively heating the dermis or the deeper layer of the skin. It also initiates the remodeling of collagen and the stimulation of fibroblast, a connective tissue that produces collagen.
Venus Concepts found a need to provide an affordable yet effective treatment, so the Venus Viva system was created and had received approval from the Food and Drug Administration in 2015.
How Does The Venus Viva Work?
Venus Viva is a skin resurfacing treatment that works with tiny pins, safely delivering heat through the skin’s surface, creating micro-dermal wounds that naturally heal on their own. It repairs signs of skin aging and visible damage.
Here are the good-to-know facts about Venus Viva:
- The wounds are tiny, so this skin treatment is more comfortable than carbon dioxide lasers, which produces incredibly visible results.
- When combined with Diamond Polar, Venus Viva produces uniform heat under the surface of the skin to increase elastin fibers and collagen, which are key factors for smoother, firmer, and younger-looking skin.
- Venus Viva is generally safe for all skin tones, even for people with darker complexions.
- The recommended number of Venus Viva sessions to achieve the best results is 3 to 4 facelift treatments at 4- to 6-week intervals. Ask your doctor about the number of treatments required for your case on your initial consultation.
The Benefits Of Venus Viva
With the advancement of technology, Venus Viva is the latest skin rejuvenation treatment that is relatively safe, effective, and non-invasive.
Here are the benefits of the Venus Viva facelift treatment:
- Helps decrease visible skin pores
- Evens out skin texture, which can be due to scarring and wrinkles
- Reduces signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces acne scars from blackheads, pimples, and acne breakouts for clearer skin
- Reduces deep lines and folds
- Tightens and firms the skin in your neck and décolleté areas, which refers to the upper chest areas, including the neck, shoulders, and cleavage
General skin improvement is noticeable within a matter of days. Because collagen remodeling occurs in the deeper layers of the skin, total skin improvement can be seen for several months. You’ll see a gradual improvement for up to a year after a series of Venus Viva treatments.
Is Venus Viva Painful?
Venus Viva can be slightly uncomfortable. It’s virtually pain-free because you will only feel intense heat like sunburn. You may apply a topical numbing cream as needed to reduce any discomfort.
Effects After The Procedure
Expect moderate redness and slight swelling after the treatment, but these effects should stop within 12 to 24 hours. Your doctor or technician will provide aftercare tips, including the following:
- Moisturize the skin as needed using a prescribed skin product.
- Avoid using aggressive skin products for a few days to help with the healing process.
- You might feel itchiness as the site heals, but you can apply hydrocortisone or take a simple over-the-counter allergy pill to relieve the itching.
- Don’t scratch or pick at the itchy sites.
- You’ll observe small pinpoint crusts in ablated spots that will naturally exfoliate your skin. You can easily cover these spots with makeup.
- Maintenance procedures are recommended every 6 to 12 months.
Minimal Or Zero Downtime
Venus Viva sessions only last for 15 to 30 minutes, and you can return to your everyday skin routine 24 hours after the procedure. It’s because of skin resurfacing treatments, like Venus Viva Technology, that minimal or zero downtime is possible.
Venus Viva creates tiny wounds using heat to stimulate collagen production and remodeling to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and scarring. As compared to other skin resurfacing methods, Venus Viva is more affordable, less invasive, and effective. Now you have another skin rejuvenation option you can try with minimum to no downtime at all for younger and healthier skin.