What is a platform heel?
A platform heel is elevated footwear that adds height to the wearer’s appearance. Platform heels come in many different shapes and sizes, making them an ideal option for anyone looking to add some extra glamour or sophistication to their look. They are typically sturdy and feature a thicker, higher sole than other types of heels.
There are no hard-and-fast rules for pairing platform heels for women with outfits, as it all depends on your style and what you think looks best. However, as a general guideline, it’s usually recommended that platform heels be teamed with relatively simple and streamlined clothing. They can be worn with more ornate pieces, too; try not to go overboard. After all, you don’t want anything competing with your shoes for attention!
Clothes to Wear with Platform Heels
There is no one-size-fits-all answer when selecting the perfect outfit to wear with platform heels. However, there are certain guidelines you can follow to create a look that will make your shoes stand out. Here are four tips for choosing clothes that complement platform heels:
- Try wearing dresses or skirts. Dresses and skirts allow your legs and feet to take center stage; making platform heels the perfect accessory. A flowing maxi dress or skirt is ideal for showing off your platforms, while shorter styles can add a touch of playful sexiness. Paired with the right accessories, dresses, and skirts can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
- If you’re not into dresses or skirts, try pairing platform heels with trousers or shorts. This combo allows you to show off your killer legs while still maintaining professionalism (depending on what type of trousers/shorts you choose). Be careful not to overshadow your shoes by going too crazy with bold prints or colors.
- Pair statement platform heels with simple clothing items. If you’re feeling adventurous but don’t want all eyes on your shoes, pair them.
Types of platform heels
There are a few different types of platform heels, each with its unique look and feel. Here’s a breakdown of the most popular styles:
- Wedges come in all shapes and sizes, from chunky faux-wooden platforms to sleek stiletto wedges. They provide lots of support and make you feel stable even when walking on uneven surfaces. The wedge heel is probably the most versatile style – it looks good with pretty much any outfit and can be dressed up or down.
- Wedge sandals are perfect for summer holidays – they’re comfortable enough to wear all day long but stylish enough to wear out at night. They usually have straps that go around your feet and ankles, which gives them a bit more support than regular wedge heels.
- If you want something that makes a statement, these shoes feature an open front design that exposes your toes (hence the name), giving them an extra sexy edge. Peep toe platforms work well with dresses, skirts, shorts, or trousers – make sure your legs look their best!
- Another eye-catching option is the cage heel. This heel type features a cage-like design that wraps around your feet, lending something unique to any outfit. Cage heels are perfect for eveningwear or special occasions and can make you feel like the belle of the ball.