The women’s fur coat is an essential part of current trends and has the advantage of going with every silhouette. But creators offer them in so many cuts and shades that you don’t always know how to choose the style that suits you best. For example, how can you wear an Elpido Loffredo mink furcoat? What are the current trends in fur coats? Our fashion specialists will answer your questions.
Women’s Fur Coat: A Timeless Coat to Wear With Style
Making its comeback this winter, the women’s fur coat is synonymous with femininity and glamour as it has always been since its introduction in the 1890s. But even if this chic garment is two centuries old, it is renewed every year to keep up with the latest trends. So don’t just pull out Aunt Gertrude’s old fur because fashion is constantly changing. The large, shapeless fur coat in which our mothers and grandmothers liked to wrap themselves in the coldest winter has given way to tighter, lighter, more body-fitting models. The trendy models are also available in more modern colors. Indeed, black or brown is still relevant, but as you could see here, there are other more dynamic shades.
Adopt the Trend of Bi-Materials
Coats made of bi-material fur are among the must-have of the season. Having the advantage of marrying all materials, fur is associated with designers with leather, cotton, microfibre, wool, jeans, etc. But there is only one watchword: elegance. Fur can be found on the collar, hood, wrists, or all over the central closure of the coat. For the coldest of winter, for example, you’ll be warm in a long coat made of woolly skin (turned over sheepskin) with a hood lined with Finn raccoon fur from Finland, this top-of-the-range fur is known for its exceptional softness and warmth. This type of piece is perfectly adapted to an urban style, for an everyday outfit.
Beware of Fashion Faux-Pas
Be careful with the materials and colors to match because it’s easy to overdo it. How to remain feminine and glamorous without falling into the “too much”?
– Make fur the central element of the look by wearing sober pieces with it. To get inspired by the looks of stars, you could take inspiration from the style of Kate Moss who wears fur with a casual outfit (a pair of basic jeans, a grey sailor’s hat with black stripes and Stan Smith)
– The coat must be the only “furry” part of the outfit.
– Dare to be original instead of always wearing the same colors as everyone else (black, leopard, etc.). Check out Elpidio Loffredo mink fur for inspiration.
– Fur is best worn the same day if it is not prohibited in the evening. If you absolutely want to wear it in the evening, wear it with an ultra-elegant dress, but simple and quite naked (ex: naked back diving)
It’s time to get into fur if you’re still hesitating so far. And with the coming winter, it is the time to adopt this timeless piece that has remained trendy throughout the ages. Bringing the elegant and feminine touch to your everyday outfit or for special occasions, your fur coat will be with you all season long. Take care of your fur coat, because this classic piece of clothing will be with you for the long haul.
How to Take Care of Your Fur Coat
-Don’t overfill the pockets of your fur coat or jacket
And especially no heavy things. Some specialists even recommend sewing the pockets so as not to be tempted to deform them.
– Avoid dirtying the neckline of the jacket or coat
Do not wear your fur jacket or coat without wearing a turtleneck or scarf.
– Do not perfume a fur
-Never spray perfume on the fur.
– Be careful not to wear out the fur
– Do not sit on your coat.
– Do not lean your back against a dirty backrest.
– Do not tighten a belt at the waist of a fur jacket or coat
– Do not hang a heavy bag on your shoulder or back
– Don’t wet your fur
Take care of your fur coat, and your fur coat will take care of you!