If you’re running an online store, you know that Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms. It’s user-friendly, has tons of features, and makes it easy to set up and run your store. However, one thing that can be a little tricky to figure out is collections.
In this blog post, you will learn 5 things you need to know about setting up a collection in Shopify and their benefits for your business.
What Are Collections in Shopify?
Collections are groups of products that you can create in Shopify. You can add and remove products from collections as you please, and they’re a great way to organize your store’s inventory.
There are two types of collections: automatic and manual. Automatic collections are created based on specific criteria that you specify, such as product type or supplier. Manual collections, on the other hand, are entirely up to you. You can manually add and remove products from manual collections as you see fit.
5 Things To Know Before Setting up Collections in Shopify
Here are a few things you should keep in mind before setting up a collection in Shopify:
- They are a great way to organize your products and make it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for.
- You can create multiple collections and nest them under each other. It is helpful if you have a lot of products or if you want to group similar products.
- It becomes easy to assign products to multiple collections. It is helpful if you want to cross-promote products or if you have products that fit into more than one category.
- You can use tags to organize your collections further. Tags are like keywords that you can assign to products and collections. It makes it easy to search for specific items or groups of items.
- It allows setting up automatically based on specific criteria, such as product type, tags, or price. It is a great way to save time and ensure that your products are always organized the way you want them to be.
Benefits of Using Collections in Shopify
Some of the benefits of using collections are:
- These can help you organize your store and make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for.
- They can also be used to create special promotions or sales, such as a “Back to School” collection or a “Christmas Gift Ideas” collection.
- Collections can be used to segment your customers so you can send targeted emails or ads. For example, you could create a collection for VIP customers and give them exclusive access to particular products or sales.
- You can use collections to track which products are selling well and adjust your inventory accordingly.
- Finally, collections can be a great way to increase your average order value. By grouping products together that complement each other, you can encourage customers to buy more than one item at a time.
As you can see, collections are a powerful tool that can be used in many different ways to benefit your business. So if you’re not using them already, be sure to take advantage of all that they offer.