Elegance, sophistication and classicism. Those have been the three qualities that have always defined the “dress code” in the world of golf, both in men’s clothing and in women’s, even in golf clothes for boys and girls we have seen how sobriety was imposed over many decades.
However, for several years now, classicism has begun to give way to a more sporty style that young players have been able to embrace with special enthusiasm. This new fashion not only advances in design and aesthetics, but in the incorporation of the latest technological innovations.Plus in an increase of “comfort” and comfort, of course, without that the fashion of golf leaves aside its distinguished touch and refinement. If you want to buy some of the latest in designer golf wear, then click here to shop Puma Golf. (Images Credit: Pixabay)
Five keys regarding Golf Wear
To understand what comes in textiles, golf shoes and accessories we must know what is setting the international trend. We advance some novelties:
– Technology at the service to the athlete: clothing, footwear and accessories (gloves, caps, socks, etc.) need to be more breathable, thermal, lightweight, and made with more resistant materials that offer greater durability. Technology and innovation in sportswear turn to the world of golf to offer the players clothes that are both comfortable and functional. As garments that improve our performance on the “green” could perhaps provide us with the achievement of better results.
– Discretion and sophistication vs. a point of originality: We have commented before that the clothing on the golf course is characterized by its elegance. Tweezers, vests and “sweaters” of neutral and dark colours continue to set the tone. As it has happened already in the ski, running and other sports disciplines, the yellow, bright pink jackets, the intense blues and greens and the reds begin to be the order of the day for those who wish to put the vibrant note to their personal label.
– Geometry design: For those that prefer more creative designs and are inspired by illustrations and graphics, golf attire is limited. Those that like to be seen on the golf course in stripes, rhombuses and other bold prints will have to find the limited design that are on offer.
– The class white look: An immaculate white, from head to toe, denotes cleanliness, so it is ideal for those who want to send a very clear message in the field: “I am impeccable, like my game”. Virtually all brands have garments and accessories in this colour.
– Check pants: The famous check red trousers, which jumped with fervour from the golf course to urban fashion in the 90s, are once again very fashionable, and what some years ago there were those who considered them lost. Yes, yes, we’re talking about the Duke of Windsor-style checked trousers. And they not only promise to enter fully in our golfer cupboard, but among our everyday items, that is, being part of those sets we use to go to our workplace or to have dinner with friends.
Be that as it may, it is true that, in golf, changes are slow. Despite the new colours, the occasional print and the technical clothes (without a doubt, the most accepted by golfers), the classics continue to prevail: the trousers, the shorts and, above all, the poles continue in the top of the “dress code”.