Your wedding songs will always be special and memorable to you. Every time you remember your wedding moments, you’ll find yourself humming the songs played at that time. It will revive your wedding memories. A good playlist of songs makes the moments more special.
So, it is better to match the wedding playlist with the couple’s music taste. Nothing is better than you and your spouse share the same music taste. So if both you and your fiancé are fond of rock songs, your wedding playlist should comprise rock songs too.
Don’t wonder if the guests would like it? It’s your big day, so only you and your partner’s choices and opinions are what matter the most. To help you plan a great playlist with rock wedding songs, we are here with the best tips and ideas for you to explore.
Best Ideas to Plan Your Rock Wedding Playlist
Here are some ideas for you to perfectly plan your rock wedding playlist. Have a look.
Outline the Day
You should outline the events of the entire wedding day before making the playlist. Because you need to decide the type of songs you’ll play in the background of each event.
Once you prepare the outline, you will be able to assume the number of songs that your playlist should consist of. Also, you can calculate the number of slow songs and fast songs your playlist should have.
Plan a Wedding Atmosphere that Matches the Genre
Just imagine how odd rock songs will sound at a formal wedding. That is why you should plan the environment of the entire wedding from the beginning to the end in a way that goes with the rock genre.
It includes the set, lighting, your wedding dress, and even your wedding cake. Planning a semi-formal wedding can be the best idea to match with rock songs.
Prepare a List of Your Favorite Rock Songs
One of the greatest ways to make your wedding memorable forever is to include your favorite tracks in your wedding playlist because every time you listen to your favorite songs in the future, it will make you remember the cherishing moments of your wedding day.
Shortlist your most favorite rock songs that can be included in a wedding playlist and arrange them in the order you want them to be played on your wedding day.
Discuss the List with Your Fiancé
Remember it is not your wedding only; it is your fiancé’s big day too. So, the choices of songs in the wedding playlist shouldn’t be one-sided. It should have the favorites of both partners.
Ask your partner to shortlist their favorite rock songs. After that, just negotiate with each other what to keep and where to locate the tracks in the playlist.
Host a Playlist-Making Party
Things get more fun when you involve your best friends in them. So, what about hosting a pre-wedding playlist-making party? Call all your rock-loving friends who share a similar musical taste as yours and let them help you prepare the wedding playlist with their ideas and opinions.
Make sure you include the tracks that are most demanded and voted by your friends. After all, they are the ones who’ll rock your wedding dance floor after the ceremony.
Stay True to Your Taste
At the end of the day, the decision should be yours. Don’t get manipulated to include something you completely don’t want in your playlist just because your friends asked you to. As it’s your day, it’ll be your way.
Also, don’t worry about the people invited to the wedding who aren’t fond of rock songs. They are here because of their love for you and your partner. So, they would also enjoy the things you arrange for them.
Customize the Songs as Per the Occasion
You do not necessarily have to keep the songs as they are. You can edit the song however you want to make it suit the occasion better. You can create remixes with different sound-track editing tools, or you can also ask someone expert to edit them for you.
You can crop any sad lyrics from the song or add an extra beat to it. Moreover, if you want, you can also try creating a mashup of a few similar types of songs for having non-stop music on the wedding dance floor.
Select the Source of Music
Last but not least, you need to choose a source from where you want the music from the playlist to be played on your wedding day. It depends on the budget you have for the music system and also how you desire it to be. Here are a few most common sources:
DIY: If you want, you can manage the music system by yourself with the help of your friends or siblings to monitor and operate when needed.
Spotify: Can you use Spotify for the job? The answer is yes! Spotify is a great option for playing your prepared song tracks at the wedding. However, don’t go for this option if you don’t own a premium account. You can’t let those irritating ads ruin your day.
DJ: If you have the budget to hire a DJ, go for it. You won’t have to worry about managing the songs or putting the responsibility for your friend’s shoulder. Just share the playlist with the DJ, and let them take control.
Live Band: In case your budget is high enough to hire a live rock band, why miss the chance? Make your day even more special.
Music Rentals: This is something you might have to arrange for the music to be loud if you’re booking a big hall room or a lawn as your wedding venue.
Tips You Can Follow to Prepare a Perfect Rock Playlist for Your Wedding
We wanted to share these super useful tips with you that you should follow to create a rock playlist perfect for the wedding. Thank us later for it.
- Make Sure You Include More Music than Lyrics: Wedding songs are all about music and soft lyrics. So choose both slow and fast songs that have more music than lyrics.
- Play a Slow Rock Song After Every Five Fast Songs: Your playlist should be balanced to make your guests enjoy it. If you arrange more than five fast songs consecutively, your guests will get tired. So, place slow songs after every five fast songs for your guests to relax and dance slowly in this transition.
- Have More Songs from Popular Bands: Make sure you don’t include too many songs that you like from unpopular bands because your guests won’t be able to recognize them and enjoy them properly.
- Include Rock Classics Along with Latest Songs: Your wedding playlist will be incomplete if you don’t include classic rock songs. They are more enjoyable at weddings. So, create a good combination of classic and latest songs for all types of guests to enjoy.
- Look for Instrumental and Acoustic Versions of Your Favorite Songs: As said before, wedding tracks have more music and soft lyrics. So, if you like, you can include instrumental and acoustic versions of some of your favorite songs in the playlist. It’s your choice; we’re just suggesting.
- Avoid Overly-Negative and Too Non-Romantic Songs: It is better not to include tracks not meant to be in a wedding playlist, no matter how favorite they are to you. It might make things a little awkward. You don’t want that.
- Listen to Your Entire Playlist Before the Wedding: Once you have prepared and finalized your rock wedding playlist, listen to it from the beginning to the end and imagine the songs playing in the background of each of the events.
Evaluate the final playlist before the wedding. If you feel unsure about any track, think about it for the last time. It’s okay to make last-minute changes.
The wedding day is one of the most beautiful and memorable days in a person’s life. The memories of your wedding day will last forever. Therefore, make every moment of this precious day of your life count.
Don’t compromise with anything you don’t want that day unless it is for the happiness of your partner. Your day, your way, and your preferred music playlist.
We hope everything goes as you planned for that day. Have a rocking wedding and a peaceful married life ahead. We are happy to help you create the rock playlist you desire to have at your wedding.
Congratulations in advance!