Some celebrities have a difficult time in maintaining their sobriety. It can be challenging to deal with the temptation of drinking alcohol especially with peer pressure. (Image Credit: Pixabay)
As a result, here are 6 ways on how to maintain your sobriety and remain alcohol free.
- Learn how to stay sober:Your best bet is to learn the techniques that will help you to remain sober. It is important to be aware of what you should and should not do when trying to maintain your sobriety. Talk to other addicts to see what they do to avoid alcohol.
- Take part in a support group:Join a local support group to meet other people who are in your situation. Get to know the other members of the group and try to learn new ways in dealing with your mental health issues. Many people will be willing to help you if you ask for some assistance.
- Work with a professional:Find a person that you can work with who will help you to stay sober. You can find someone at your local treatment facility or you can talk to your doctor for more information. You can also talk to an addiction counselor to see if they know of anyone who can help you.
- Learn to take it one day at a time:Instead of worrying about how you will get through the rest of the week or coming month, try to focus on today. Each day can provide us with different opportunities to learn new things and that includes learning how to deal with your problems. Focus on the present and stop trying to predict what may happen next week.
- Don’t give in to peer pressure:Do not let your friends and relatives pressure you into drinking alcohol. Politely say that you do want to drink and stay firm in making your decision. Don’t let others pressure you into drinking when you are trying to remain sober.
- Use the help of God:Talk to God as if you were talking to a friend. Read the Bible and pray hard. Be persistent and be open in the avenues that God may provide to you in solving your problems. It is not always easy, however God is in control and he will help you as long as you make an effort.
About The Author
Stan Popovich is the author of a popular managing fear book, “A Layman’s Guide To Managing Fear.” Stan’s book has received over 400 book reviews and offers a lot of free mental health advice on his website. For more information and some more helpful advice, visit Stan’s website at www.managingfear.com