Tourists visiting New Jersey, one of the smallest states in the US, have an abundance of fantastic attractions to choose from, to keep them busy during their stay.
If you are planning a vacation here, then you might want to include some of the following 5 must-see New Jersey attractions for tourists.
- Spend some time strolling along the Boardwalk in Atlantic City – this extremely popular coastal resort town is well-known for its fantastic, boardwalk. Built way back in 1870, the promenade stretches for four miles and has remained one of the city’s most popular attractions. Steel Pier has a carnival-type amusement park that offers rides for everyone, young and old, and includes an enormous observation wheel that provides the most stunning views of the ocean and the city throughout the year. During your visit to the Boardwalk, you also get to see Entrance to the Stars, several cultural and historical attractions, an aquarium, and much, much more!
- Liberty State Park – set in 1,212 acres, Liberty State Park overlooks Upper New York Bay, Liberty Island, as well as Ellis Island, where the famous Statue of Liberty is situated. In addition to these famous attractions, there are many other popular attractions in the park, including several monuments and memorials, picnic areas, as well as cycling, kayaking, and fishing opportunities, among many others.
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreational Area – situated on the border of New Jersey and Pennsylvania, this park covers more than 70,000 acres and included 40 miles of the spectacular Delaware River. Millbrook Village Historic Site is a re-creation of a community that lived in the area during the 19th century and includes exhibits of a variety of fascinating traditional crafts. The Kittatinny Point Visitor Centre, with its many displays, stunning views, and an access point to the Appalachian Trail, will also provide you and your family with loads of fun and excitement!
- Cape May County Park and Zoo – if you have children, then a visit to the Cape May County Park and Zoo is a must, not only for the countless things to see and do here but also because it is completely free of charge! Guided tours are available too, for a small fee. The Park offers recreation facilities in the form of biking and hiking trails, tennis and volleyball courts, a disc golf course, and many more outdoor activity areas. The zoo was added in 1978 and over the years, has increased to include species both native and exotic, such as African lions, Bald eagles, ring-tailed lemur, zebra, and giraffe, among many others.
- Liberty Science Center – this is a fantastic attraction for science lovers of all ages! This museum provides plenty of fun, interactive activities and hands-on displays related to science and technology for the entire family. The recently refurbished planetarium regularly puts on shows where you can see the night sky and outer space, and also watch films and outstanding laser shows, all of which are related to science. This is also where you can see a lightning movie and animal encounters and visit a tank containing sea creatures that you can touch!
New Jersey offers way more attractions than the five mentioned above, so you are sure to have plenty to see and do during your stay here. Instead of hiring a car or cab to take you around, you might want to consider hiring a Bergen Limo NJ and visit even more attractions safely and at your leisure, in complete comfort.