The Grammys Best Hair: Tori Kelly
Over the years, the Grammys have created jaw-dropping, memorable looks in fashion and beauty. This year’s festivities certainly didn’t disappoint. In fact, our jaws dropped when the beautiful and talented Tori Kelly came on the red carpet her retro-inspired side swept curls that gave her a glamorous old Hollywood hair do. (Scroll Right for More Pictures)
As the leaders in curly hair, our goal has always been to inspire everyone to rule the curl – embrace it. To see stars, like Tori, rocking curls, while showcasing sleek styles is empowering. Curly hair is gorgeous and fashion forward. (Photo credit: Atelier Salon and Spa RI CI team)
The best part, this hair style is very easy to recreate right at home. Follow these simple steps textured, romantic curls perfect for any special occasion.
- Start with freshly washed hair. To prevent frizz, use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner which will keep your curls hydrated all day long.
- Section your hair into three parts, starting with the bottom, apply a pea-size amount of RI CI Thirsty Styling Gel using your fingers like a comb and shake the hair once you get to the tips for defined curls. Dry with a diffuser to get super bouncy curls, or air dry for a tousled natural look.
- Using a large one inch curling wand, curl away from your face to create bouncy waves. We love the Nume hair product set that gives you multiple options to choose from to create several different styles for different occasions within minutes. Use your fingers to separate each curl strand. Using your fingers will prevent the curl from losing its form or developing frizz.
- Using a teasing brush, gently push your hair back to a side sweep and spray with the RI CI Setting Spray to keep it in place. A light spray of hair spray can also be added if you need the look to stay all night long.
- To add shine to the curls, apply a pea-size amount of RI CI Velvet Smooth Serum to your palm and rub both hands together to warm up the serum. Then, gently apply to the hair focusing on the roots. Don’t go above your crown line with the serum to prevent looking too oily.
Ricky Pennisi is a prominent stylist, educator and founder of the RI CI haircare, a custom line that focuses on hydrating curls and combating frizz. With two decades of industry leadership, Ricky is known as the “king of curly hair” whose passion and dedication created the innovative line of products designed to bring moisturize, tame frizz and create shiny hair with each and every use. The RI CI haircare product line is sold exclusively at salons across the U.S. and is also available online for purchase. For more information on how to combat frizz and hydrate your curls visit www.ricicurls.com.