5 Reasons Why People Get A Facelift
Many people want to feel vibrant and healthy all of the time. However, the reality is that we get older every day. Wrinkles, sagging skin, crow’s feet and laugh lines are some of the external signs that our bodies are aging. While we accept the fact that we are growing older day by day, we don’t necessarily want to look like we are getting older. We usually want our bodies to have the flexibility and suppleness that we had in our prime.
Different people take different approaches to attacking the effects of aging on their bodies. Some people try to prevent or minimize age damage to their skin by eating healthier and exercising more. Others take up running or other sporting activities. Others rely on prescribed or over the counter supplements and other means to help them regain their youthful appearance.
Some people decide on plastic surgery to enhance or improve their looks. These kinds of procedures may take more time and money than common natural cures and alternatives, but patients usually from such procedures emerge feeling improved and much more confident about themselves afterwards. Breast augmentation, liposuction, tummy tucks, Botox injections and facelifts are some of the more common cosmetic surgeries that are done today.
You can find information on sites including www.mybotoxla.com and others about facelift procedures, Botox injections and other forms of optional enhancement. If you are considering a facelift or other elective surgery, research the procedure and the doctors who would be performing such surgeries carefully. Also, talk to your doctor or health care professional beforehand so that you fully understand the risks and possible complications that are associated with such procedures. A facelift can be a considerable investment, so you want to make sure you understand exactly what you’re getting yourself into.
With that being said, here are five reasons why some people choose to get a facelift:
- They may look or feel tired. As we get older, our skin loses some of its elasticity. This can cause the skin around our face and neck to look like it’s drooping or sagging. This condition and wrinkles or age spots can make a person look or feel like they are more tired than they actually are. Wrinkles can also help us feel unattractive or unimportant. Facelifts can help lift and tighten skin. There are mini facelifts that are commonly used to address wrinkles or unsightly age lines. While the results are usually not permanent, the positive effects can last for years.
- They are used alongside other surgical procedures. For many people who are undergoing a facelift, this is usually not their first cosmetic enhancement. They are also used alongside other elective surgeries such as rhinoplasty, brow lifts, cheek enhancement or other forms of facial contouring. In many cases, these procedures are planned at different intervals to allow appropriate time for healing and recovery. These surgeries can happen over the course of several months or years and can cost considerable time and money, but they can also be very well worth the experience in the long run in terms of helping improve a person’s physical appearance.
- It’s part of an overall self-improvement plan. Facelifts and other cosmetic surgeries are often done as part of a person’s overall plan to improve their self image. When they look good on the outside, they usually also feel good on the inside. It can also be part of a person’s goal to improve self-confidence. Other parts of this can include quitting drinking, smoking or drugs; going back to school to start or complete a degree; or in association with plans for losing weight and setting fitness or exercise goals as well. Deciding to get a facelift is a sign that a person isn’t happy with something and are taking a positive step towards looking and feeling better.
- No more unsightly wrinkles. A facelift can remove or reduce the appearance of stubborn laugh lines or crow’s feet that appear around the eyes. Wrinkles usually make a person look and feel older. This also often affects their state of mind and their perception about how others view them. Wrinkles may make them feel like they’re turning into their parents, or that they will lose respect from others because they are growing old. By having a facelift, a person usually feels happier and more youthful. Those pesky reminders of their advancing age are gone! They don’t think of themselves as being old, and they generally don’t feel that others are looking at them like they are old, either.
- It’s a common procedure. Thousands of people go in for facelifts every month. It’s a procedure that has been deemed safe in most cases. The recovery time is usually quicker. Initially after the surgery, there may be some physical limitations, but those are generally minimal. The surgeon should consult with each patient before and after each operation to ensure they fully understand what will happen and any possible side effects or reactions that may occur afterwards. Although you do hear about botched surgeries from time to time, for the most part those incidents are rare. Most facelifts take about an hour or two to perform. Complete recovery often happens within 10 to 14 days following the surgery.
Popular opinion about facelifts and other artificial enhancements is generally divided. Some people feel that it’s unnatural. They complain about the money spent and the after effects. There are some people who become addicted to cosmetic enhancements, and it’s true that sometimes the need to look and feel younger can be just as addictive as other substances. Others complain that the results are temporary.
Most facelifts last up to five years, but can be enhanced with Botox injections or additional facelift procedures. Others swear by facelifts and other elective cosmetic surgeries. Whatever your stance is on the issue, facelifts are becoming an increasingly popular way for people to look and feel healthier mentally, physically and emotionally.