Mimi et Cie Fine Jewels
Mimi et Cie a private purveyor of finely crafted, hand-selected jewelry from prestigious designers from across the globe is excited to share what it expects will be the hottest trends in gift giving for fine jewels this holiday season.
Admired for her discerning eye, Meshell “Mimi” Sohl, founder and president of Mimi et Cie, carefully studies emerging trends and selects pieces for her shop based on their fine craftsmanship and her impeccable taste that stands the test of time.
“Every jewelry wardrobe should have diamond studs, a quality watch, straight-line bracelet filled with diamonds and a right hand ring,” Sohl says, “Beyond that, the sky is the limit.”
“This year’s trends blend classic with modern,” says Sohl, “There are classic pieces with cutting-edge style and brand new pieces with stunning jewels that add drama and sparkle this season.”
- What’s in a name?: Cut out monograms in gold are very hot right now. Monograms transcend trends, so you can be sure this look will be around for a long time to come.
- An inspired palette: Colored diamonds and other stones have created quite the buzz since Princess Kate donned Princess Diana’s sapphire engagement ring, and recent world records have been set at auction houses by pink, yellow and blue diamonds, among others.
- Always a good time: Watches make great holiday gifts. This year, look for more “boyfriend” style watches for women and large face styles for both men and women.
- Pile it on: Layering stackable necklaces and bracelets is very fashionable right now. Bracelet and arm stackable pieces in different styles and metals add drama to almost any outfit.
- Lock it up: Cuffs a few inches wide and broader diamond bracelets are in more demand recently. These pieces make an outfit edgy, yet elegant with just the right amount of flare.
- A metal by any other name: Rose gold is gaining in popularity, while heavy yellow gold is expected to hold its own in the market for a long while. Platinum and white gold are still classic choices in metals.
- Everything old: Small vintage details have taken over the heavy, almost chunky pieces. Look for pieces with more vintage accents with delicate lines instead.
- Well rounded: While simple hoop earrings have always been classic staples in a jewelry wardrobe, diamond hoops have caught up to these pieces in popularity.
- Standard issue: Of course, those classic diamond or pearl studs will never go out of style. A girl always remembers getting her first pair.
- Make it last: Opening a petite box with a hand-crafted piece of fine jewelry ignites a feeling of excitement and anticipation that matches no other and creates a moment that will last forever.
Many pieces fitting these trends may be found in Mimi et Cie’s 2014 Holiday Sparkle catalog. With a catalog of more than 200 glittering jewels, Mimi et Cie’s Holiday Sparkle catalog has a gift for everyone.
“It’s an absolute joy to help someone choose a piece of jewelry to give,” says Sohl, “The moment they open the box and see that first glimpse of sparkle, a memory is made.”
For more information about Mimi et Cie, visit www.mimietciejewels.com.
ABOUT MIMI ET CIE: Since 2010, Mimi et Cie has offered finely crafted jewels by prestigious designers from across the globe, made from handpicked gemstones and the richest precious metals. Nestled in the historic Pasadena playhouse district, Mimi et Cie is fondly known as the petite jewel box with a Parisian flair. Each piece in Mimi et Cie’s inventory is personally selected by the owner, Meshell “Mimi” Sohl, with her well-trained expertise. Mimi gently appeals to the spirit of gift giving as a trusted adviser in matters of love, relationships and the etiquette of both giving and receiving the emotionally-laden gifts that fine jewelry can be. From special events to “just because,” Mimi et Cie provides the most pleasurable, personal experience of selecting the perfect piece of jewelry, helping create memories that will last a lifetime.