Residential Rehabilitation Facility in Los Angeles
Is there a young man in your life that’s struggling with drug or alcohol abuse, and they can’t seem to find a treatment that works?
New Life House is a residential rehabilitation center that serves men between the age of the 18 and 32. Patients come to NLH to recover from substance abuse, alcoholism and drug addiction. The center is based in Los Angeles, California and has been operating for over thirty years.
Could New Life House be the solution you’ve been looking for to help your loved one? Here, we’ll share what you need to know about this facility, and whether you should visit https://newlifehouse.com to set up a consultation.
Although the specific treatment plans are tailored to the needs of the individual, there are several components of New Life House’s treatment plan, including:
- In-house meetings with staff and other patients.
- 24/7 support from psychiatrists, doctors and New Life House staff.
- 12-steps addiction program and meetings.
- No phones, computers or Wi-Fi to help you focus on your recovery.
- A comprehensive treatment structure based on your specific needs.
What Makes it Different to Other Rehab Facilities?
NLH is known for its ‘community’ and ‘family atmosphere. The staff believes in not just treating the individual suffering from substance abuse, but also helping friends and family cope.
This sense of community is also key for a patient’s recovery. New Life staff, as well as past and present patients, all come together in group sessions. This community provides a stable support system and sense of camaraderie long after the patient is discharged.
Most rehabilitation facilities just focus on stopping drugs and alcohol abuse. New Life House goes beyond that and focuses on treating behavior patterns. With a wholistic approach, treatment plans are always rooted based on the patient’s self-destructive behavior.
With staff and peers at New Life House, the patient learns to identify self-sabotaging behavior patterns such as drug and alcohol abuse. Then, each patient walks away with the tools and confidence that they need in order to recover.
New Life House isn’t just about treating the addiction; it’s about changing lifestyles and equipping patients with the skills needed to live a fruitful and successful life.
New Life House’s Family Role
New Life House integrates the patient’s family into the recovery program in what they call a ‘family restoration progress’, helping patients to rebuild familial relationships and ensuring that their families are involved in every step of the recovery process. They incorporate the patient’s families in several ways, including:
- Weekly calls from New Life House to family members to discuss the ups and downs of the patient’s recovery journey.
- Face-to-face meetings with New Life House, the patient and their family members every other week to maintain positive family relations in a supportive environment.
- Family events to help bring some fun and positivity to the recovery process.
- A program for parents to help them learn the best methods and strategies to support their son whilst they go through rehabilitation treatment.
What Other Services Does It Provide?
As well as being a long-term rehabilitation center, their website also hosts a diverse and thought-provoking blog, intended to educate the loved ones of abusers. With 1st hand posts that are written by recovering addicts, family members can learn more about why their loved one is dependent on using.
The blog is one of the many ways New Life House strives to help both patients and loved ones during the complicated treatment process.
To have any other questions answered, visit https://newlifehouse.com.