How To Choose The Right Shapewear For You
The self-esteem of a woman improves when they can fit nicely in the clothes that they want to wear. Most of them feel extra confident in the way they move when they don’t feel conscious about how they look, and this makes them feel better about themselves. This is why shapewear has become so popular for women who want to feel better about their bodies. (Image Credit: Michal Jarmoluk/Pixabay)
Most women want to be fit, healthy and attractive. They want to be able to wear dresses, for example, some want to wear sexy babydoll lingerie, and this usually boosts their confidence. However, this is not always the case as the body of a woman changes as time passes by. Changes in the body can be evident, especially when a woman gave birth, gain weight and eventually age. Of course, there are a few lucky ones whose bodies stay the same despite these changes.
Some women often feel that they need help to keep their body in good shape due to the changes that happen in their body. Some go through different types of diet and engage in various exercise routines. These things often take time before a result can be seen, but if you are looking for an instant effect, finding the right shapewear can be beneficial. Shapewear is an undergarment that women use to improve their figure to look more fit temporarily. Here are some things that you should consider when choosing the right shapewear for your body type:
Choose A Shapewear In Your Size
When choosing the correct shapewear to use, it’s always recommended that you stick to using shapewear in your size. You can do this by measuring your hip and waist and find shapewear that has your sizes. The main purpose of using shapewear is to smoothen out the bulges in some parts of the body to make you look fit. This will make your dress look better, and it will be able to emphasize your figure better.
Choosing the wrong size won’t be helpful. For instance, if you use a bigger size, there won’t be enough your target area won’t be firm and toned. Lastly, a size smaller than your usual size will be too tight, and it will result in bulges in some areas.
There are various designs and types of shapewear you can choose from online or when you’re in a department store. This might make it difficult for you to decide which shapewear you’ll go with. Therefore, if you are considering to buy shapewear, it would be a great idea to consider your body type to make sure you’ll be able to buy the appropriate shapewear. Here the different styles that you can choose from that can be suitable for your body type:
- Pear-Shaped: This is good for women with more full hips, and the measurement of their waist is lesser than their bust. A thigh shaper shapewear can be beneficial with women with this body type. It targets the thighs, love handles, muffin tops and your rear to help you achieve a polished look.
- Apple Shape: This is also known as V-shaped or inverts triangle. This will be beneficial to women who have a short torso, wider upper body and have narrow hips. Try to look for shaping camisoles as it will smooth out love handles and it will compress hour bust to give an illusion of a longer torso.
- Ruler Shaped: Women who have an athletic build or have almost the same measurements from the bust, hip and waist usually use this type of shapewear. In general, straight-bodied women don’t have much weight on their sides as much as they do on their front and back. Using a high waist short that similarly looks like bike shoes work for tucking in undesirable fats on your belly and this will also give your buttocks a lift.
- Hourglass-shaped: This ideal to a body-type that has hip and bust measurements that corresponds with each other. Nevertheless, wearing this will be an excellent choice when you plan to wear a dress as it smooths out the areas you deem problematic evenly, especially the lower belly and the fat stored under your buttocks, also known as saddlebags. This type of shapewear is widely known as the bodysuit.
Some women wear shapewear when they’re going to an event that requires glamming up. On the other hand, some women wear them every day. When you decided to buy shapewear depending on the occasion, you have to consider various control and firming capabilities of the shapewear you plan to buy.
- Light Control – This is the best option if you are looking for shapewear that can last you a whole day. It can tuck-in your muffin top for better and smoother torso line, and it still allows you to be comfortable.
- Firm Control – This will be the ideal choice if you are looking to emphasize specific areas in your body to give an illusion of having a smaller size. It can make your waist, hip or thighs to look a little smaller and firmer when wearing something for casual occasions.
- Extra Firm Control – If you’ll be wearing a dress that has a structured bodice design, an extra firm control shapewear will help you fit in the clothing better, and it will firmly smooth out the bulges in your body. It might feel constricting at times, and this is not recommended to be worn for a long period of time.
Consider The Material Used
Shapewear is another layer under your clothes. Therefore, it’s understandable that you might feel a little more hot than usual when wearing one. To prevent feeling uneasy while wearing shapewear, choose a material that is comfortable to use.
Many shapewear brands use a cotton blend material when making shape wears to make sure that their consumers will still feel comfortable and fresh. They also make sure that it is easier to move around even with an undergarment. Therefore, if you are going to buy shapewear, make sure to buy one that uses cotton for their shapewear.
Not all women have the type of bodies that you usually see on lingerie models. Women’s body comes in different shapes and sizes, but this doesn’t mean that they are less than who they are. They can still wear dresses that make them feel confident despite their body type. Furthermore, buying shapewear is the right support a woman can have, and it can be beneficial in the long run.