Top 5 Rooftop Bars in Monaco
As the second smallest country in the world after the Vatican City, Monaco has had to use every inch of its space wisely to maximize demand for apartments and leisure activities. A large number of high rise apartment blocks and several new hotels have sprung up over the last few years, changing the sky line of Monaco forever. Considering the number of tall buildings in the Principality, it is hardly surprising that Monaco is home to some of the best rooftop bars on the planet with views to die for.
Below is a list of or Top 5 favorite rooftop bars, which are definitely worth a visit on your next trip to Monaco.
- Hotel Metropole boasts one of the best locations in Monte-Carlo, and certainly one of the best views for a coupe de champagne to celebrate your arrival in Monaco. The rooftop bar and restaurant surround an enticing pool, and during the summer, the area is transformed into Odyssey, Joel Robuchon’s third restaurant in the hotel. Enjoy sensational food in a rooftop garden twinkling with lights, right in the heart of Monaco.
- Few views can beat those enjoyed at the Fairmont Hotel’s Horizon Deck, Restaurant and Champagne Bar, which looks out over the Opera House, Prince’s Palace and a legendary Casino. The bar is open from April to October from 6.30 a.m. to 11.30 p.m., meaning that you can be sitting at a table overlooking the sea even for breakfast.
- Another rooftop bar we thoroughly recommend you pay a visit to during your stay in Monaco is Le Grill at the Hotel de Paris. Situated on the eighth floor of the world famous hotel, Le Grill offers stunning views over the Principality. The roof of the restaurant and bar completely disappears during the summer, but can materialize at the flick of a switch if the weather turns inclement. Diners can eat lunch or dinner here, and even organize private events in the Churchill Lounge.
- For a memorable aperitif in the port of Monaco head to the rooftop bar of the Hotel Miramar. Here, you can idle away hours watching the comings and goings of some of the world’s most beautiful superyachts, which moor in the harbour below. The lounge bar on the roof of the small family-run hotel has a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere, and is open for lunch and in the evenings, all year round.
- Finally, we recommend that you drink in the views of Monaco and the beautiful coastline from the Vista Palace, a hotel situated just over the border of Monaco in France. The views from the Corniche restaurant in this elegant hotel are second to none and you will feel that you are on the roof of the world. The bar and restaurant set around the swimming pool is open from May until October, for lunch from 12pm to 4pm on Monday and Friday and from 12.30 to 4pm on Saturdays. The hotel even boasts its own heliport, so after enjoying a cocktail or two here you can leave by helicopter from Monaco to Nice and be at the airport in no time at all.
In fact, the best way to enjoy the stunning coastline of the surrounding French Riviera and the picturesque sights of the Principality is with a flute of champagne onboard a luxury helicopter, of which you can spot many cutting Monaco’s azure skyline as it is the best mean of getting from Nice to Monaco.